cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to join O2 - how to order eSIM online?

OOPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dears Friends,

I hope you are all going well and are enjoying life. 

i moved from France to UK several months ago. I still have my french sim in my bitten fruit phone. But now I feel the need to get a British phone number. 

So I need an eSIM in order to keep only 1 phone and with both numbers. 

I’m trying to order online but don’t find any option to choose eSIM instead of the old dinosaure nano SIM 😁.

Could you please help me ? Maybe I’m missing something…

Thanks to all. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@OOPS 

No it won't be available immediately but will be as soon as your MyO2 is set up.

You will still need to order the plastic sim to kick off the process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@OOPS 

When you join O2 now you will be on the new billing system which will give you the option to get an esim in your MyO2, so go ahead and place your order then go to your MyO2 once setup to scan the esim code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

OOPS
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 do you mean that I will have the choice after entering my payment details during the ordering process ? 

thanks.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@OOPS 

No it won't be available immediately but will be as soon as your MyO2 is set up.

You will still need to order the plastic sim to kick off the process.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

OOPS
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh ok !

I really appreciate your help ☺️

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

You're welcome @OOPS 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

stevenappleford
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

According to the shop you do not need a Sim it’s in your phone already. You just need to set it up with your account. Don’t need a Sim but you still have to pay for an eSIM. I think it’s about £8 per month. I hope this helps

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@stevenappleford wrote:

According to the shop you do not need a Sim it’s in your phone already. You just need to set it up with your account. Don’t need a Sim but you still have to pay for an eSIM. I think it’s about £8 per month. I hope this helps

You have to activate the esim hence needing the pack from O2, which, as I said is available to 360 customers in their MyO2.

Otherwise a pack is needed from O2.

Cost depends on the tariff you choose.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

The last SIM swap I did to eSIM using 360 didn't get an QR code. It downloaded straight to the phone!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 9