Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change phone number from under my mum's name to mine

lydia_ob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mum's name is associated with my number and I have come to the end of my contract and I am looking to upgrade. Can I get this changed to my name for my new contract? Or do I have to sign up to my own contract, then change the number over?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lydia_ob 

Apply for your own contract (you need to pass credit checks) then get Mum's permission to migrate the number to your new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lydia_ob 

Apply for your own contract (you need to pass credit checks) then get Mum's permission to migrate the number to your new contract Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

lydia_ob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response

Do I have to go into a shop to do this or can I do it on the phone do you know?

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lydia_ob 

You can do it in either but if you go in store, you'll need to take your Mum to give permission for the number change.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

lydia_ob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have started a new contract yesterday under my own name and I am wanting my old number - which is under my mums name - to be changed over to my new contract. The other contract under my mums name is past its minimum term but officially finishes on 7/12/21. Will I still be able to do this if I ring up and not have to pay for both contracts if one is basically finished?

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@lydia_ob 

Your mum will need to call up and ask for it to be transferred and pay any termination fees, and also authorise the number to be transferred to your contract.  (if it officially finishes on the 7th Dec then its still under minimum term).. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lydia_ob 

You will just need to pay for 12 days of early cancelation fees from the old contract.

This question continues on from your previous question here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Want-to-change-phone-number-from-under-my-mum-s-name-to-mi...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7