cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change my pre-paid account into post paid and receive monthly bill to my address

SimonSef
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can I:
1) Change my pre-paid account into a postpaid one?
2) Receive monthly bill to my address?
Thank you

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

Switching your number from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

Switching your number from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

SimonSef
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!

Are you saying that the Prepaid card Sim card cannot be switched to Postpaid? I need to buy a new Sim card?

Context: I am staying abroad for a couple of months until I go back to the UK. Meanwhile, I want my line to switch to postpaid and the bills delivered to my address in hard copy.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

Yes, you need a different sim, but they are free.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

SimonSef
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently out of the country - is there any way that I can switch from prepaid to postpaid without a new sim card? if no, is there a way to receive a hard copy bill to my address with prepaid sim card?

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

You can switch without using the correct sim but some features may not work, particularly texts and data.

You would have to manually configure the services each time you turned your phone on.

There are no bills for PAYG so nothing to send, but you can arrange the transfer by calling and request the bills be sent to your home address for the contract account.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

SimonSef
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know!
I am trying to change the tariffs (@Choose Tariff) but I am only shown prepaid tariffs.
How do I change from prepaid (P2G) to postpaid (Pay monthly)?

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

You have to call O2 on the numbers I gave you above.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

SimonSef
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to do it online (either on Web or Mobile application)

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SimonSef 

The only way is to call, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13