Did you mean: 

Want to change my name and DOB on contact details

GaHo_16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am wanting to change my name and date of birth on my contact details.  

A family member got me the contract a few years back but she put it on her name and DOB.

How am I able to change these details.

Thanks

GaHo_16

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @GaHo_16

You will need to contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Only they could do this for you and I presume it would be at the end of the current contract. 

If you take out a contract in your name you would probably have to undergo credit checks as a new customer.

Give CS a call and see what your options are wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @GaHo_16

You will need to contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Only they could do this for you and I presume it would be at the end of the current contract. 

If you take out a contract in your name you would probably have to undergo credit checks as a new customer.

Give CS a call and see what your options are wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As above, it’s not possible to do what you want.
You will have to take a new contract and pass the credit checks yourself.
Do this when you’re due an upgrade or else you will be charged cancellation fees.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Name, DoB, sign-in credentials and email address are on a seperate MyO2 compartment  and overarch the accounts which contain the contracts or agreements linked to airtime, ,device plans, old school contacts, paygo, wifi hotspot services and so on.

If @GaHo_16 has a credit or postpay account with a direct debit element then those details might not be changeable without taking out a new arrangement, or another payment mechanism is put in place; But if they are in possession of the phone that authorises the my O2 main compartment then changing name and DOB there, by contacting CS, shouldn't be an issue.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But if they are in possession of the phone that authorises the my O2 main compartment then changing name and DOB there, by contacting CS, shouldn't be an issue.

It is an issue because as posted above, O2 don't allow it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think as with anything contractual ( after all there is no contract if there is no consideration,) if @GaHo_16 is paying the piper, for a post pay account out of minimum term,  as it's a few years old , then they call the tune. If the family member refered is paying, then that would put a different light on things.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Others may work that way but not O2, so, to avoid any confusion for anyone, including the OP.
O2 will not allow a name change on a regular consumer account.
Regardless of who pays the bills, the only way to get an account in your name, if previously in someone else's name, is to apply for a new one, pass the identity and credit checks and proceed from there.
Obviously this needs to be done when the minimum term has been completed to avoid any cancellation fees on the old contract, if the number is to be retained and transferred to the new one, otherwise, it can be left to run it's term and then cancelled when complete.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GaHo_16

Please come back and tell us if O2 allowed you to change the name and DOB of your contract to be represented by a completely different person please?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Wave @GaHo_16 and Welcome to O2 Community Forum...!

I made a monthly contract for 2 SIM's one for me and the other for my wife, this contract end up with: two accounts, one for me and one for my wife, one contact name for both accounts & one date of birth (mine), two emails, two passwords, two different direct debit payments on the same date in one bank account...

In my wife's account when she goes on line, the greeting page welcomes her as "Hi John" I tried to change her account to her name and date of birth and I had to call services, they tall me to change her name and d.o.b. was not allowed, that she needed to have a new contract for that. End of that...! It looks silly...but what else to do? for now on my wife (Allison) is John when she comes to the community or talks with O2... Don't know

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Tsidkenu1es wrote:

I tried to change her account to her name and date of birth and I had to call services, they tall me to change her name and d.o.b. was not allowed, that she needed to have a new contract for that. 

Precisely that.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11