cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy sim only but keep my mobile number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, first time I've used this forum so hope you can help me.

I've been with 02 for years so lots of people have my number. My current 2 year contract( £15.99 a month) is due to end in a couple of weeks. However I've started a new job and been lucky enough to get a free phone with all calls etc thrown in but I'd like to keep my personal phone as I don't want to use my work phone for personal texts etc.

Is it possible to buy a simple Sim Only (either monthly or contract) BUT keep my existing number? 

My student son has a Sim Only contract with Three and its only £6.90 per month.  I'd like something like this!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You can keep your number with whichever network you switch to. All you have to do is ask O2 for your PAC code. By the way, Tesco uses the O2 network, if you're happy with O2's coverage, but you would still need your PAC. Also remember that you have to give O2 30 days notice that you want to leave.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the 02 Community Forum.

When your current contract comes full term it will go onto a 30 day rolling contract if you choose not to upgrade.

If you ring 202 from your mobile at the time of the contract ending they will be able to discuss further options with you.
One being to drop onto a payg term.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Here are all the sim only options for you, should you not want to keep your current contract going on a rolling basis. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/

If your new phone needs a different size SIM, you can swap it for free either online or in an O2 shop, which they will do for you then and there, and you can keep your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to both replies. I've looked at the link you sent Bambino but I think its a little too expensive at £11 a month for a phone I will only use very occasionally. As mentioned, I was hoping that a contract around £7 a month. I notice all the big supermarkets can offer very very low sim only deals but of course I'll not get to keep my number
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You can keep your number with whichever network you switch to. All you have to do is ask O2 for your PAC code. By the way, Tesco uses the O2 network, if you're happy with O2's coverage, but you would still need your PAC. Also remember that you have to give O2 30 days notice that you want to leave.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

could try customer services see what they offer, im in a similaur situation £130 a year to send a few txts seams quite expensive to me to. Am thinking of swapping to payg.

Are there any negatives to payg over a paym sim only??

be gd to hear if you get anywhere with o2 though

Message 6 of 6