cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Upgrade SIM to 5G and change SIM Plan - will new SIM card know my existing phone number?

Landgirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm buying an iphone 12 (from Apple, so unlocked) and need to get my o2 4G card changed to a 5G, but I also want to upgrade my SIM Plan to a 12 month sim-only plan with 150gb data.  Does the card turn up with my existing phone number on or do I have to take extra action to make that happen?  

(Sorry, I know this is similar to other people's questions, but I couldn't find this exact question.)

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Landgirl 

You need to upgrade to the sim only in your MyO2 and tick the box to say that you are using an iPhone and 5g.

Also tick that you want a new sim.

When the sim arrives you need to do a sim swap from your old 4g sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Landgirl 

You need to upgrade to the sim only in your MyO2 and tick the box to say that you are using an iPhone and 5g.

Also tick that you want a new sim.

When the sim arrives you need to do a sim swap from your old 4g sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Landgirl hope you're having a good day. It would be great to hear back from you to see if you got all the advice you needed? slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Landgirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, yes, I was going to reply.  I couldn't get My O2 app to work for some reason, but I've just now ordered my SIM at the website and it should be on its way and I will then do the SIM swap.  Thank you for the help.  Much appreciated.  LG

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5