Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting a month for a refund

Cazi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 took money from my account for a cancelled contract, even though they admitted it was their error. Phoned 17/12/18 and was told 5 working days for refund. Was told to ring bank for DD indemnity but due to personal circumstances I was not allowed to do this over the phone. Phoned O2 back and was told they can’t refund and the bank had to do it. After explaining my circumstances I was told it could be done but would take 7 to 9 working days, then she cut me off. I had to ring a 3rd time and was told 10 working days, was also cut off but did get a callback. They need to let staff know exactly how long a refund takes as I’ve now been told 4 different lengths of time. Now it’s the 11th Jan ‘19 and still no refund called back and was told that yes it should have been refunded before now, but it’s going to take another 7 working days to get my money back. Over a month to wait for my refund is an absolute joke, especially when it was O2 that have repeatedly admitted they were at fault.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention on this one @Cleoriff@Cazi We can certainly find out what's happening with your refund. I'll need a few personal details to proceed so I'll drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cazi

Normally we would say you should perservere with customer services, though I think you have done enough of that. I will ask one of our managers to see if they can help.

@Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT?

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Cazi
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated 

Message 3 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention on this one @Cleoriff@Cazi We can certainly find out what's happening with your refund. I'll need a few personal details to proceed so I'll drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

SEGSIE
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 are rubbish - best never to deal with them ever again.  I've just been billed £530 for a phone they sold to my child after hassling him at school and in the end he didn't know how to get rid of them so agreed to the new phone.  We sent it back immediately and they apologies profusely and said they would re-train the staff involved but have now billed me £530 for the early cancellation of the contract and won't do anything to sort it other than say I've got to wait 3-5 working days for someone to get back to me, which I know from bitter experience they won't.  I can't believe they can behave like this after hassling my child at school endlessly.  Shocking company - avoid like the plague.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SEGSIE wrote:

O2 are rubbish - best never to deal with them ever again.  I've just been billed £530 for a phone they sold to my child after hassling him at school and in the end he didn't know how to get rid of them so agreed to the new phone.  We sent it back immediately and they apologies profusely and said they would re-train the staff involved but have now billed me £530 for the early cancellation of the contract and won't do anything to sort it other than say I've got to wait 3-5 working days for someone to get back to me, which I know from bitter experience they won't.  I can't believe they can behave like this after hassling my child at school endlessly.  Shocking company - avoid like the plague.

I assume your child is under 18 so contract was mis sold and void anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SEGSIE wrote:

@SEGSIE

See your other post here which I have responded to..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Which-ombudsman-do-O2-belong-to/m-p/1191123#M164692

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

SEGSIE
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, under 18 and still at school.  I thought it was a blatant case of misselling, especially as he couldn't answer any of the security questions on the account (they told him it didn't matter in the end).  Car phone warehouse have confirmed the phone was missold and that the contract is cancelled from their point of view but O2 are still trying to bill me.  I've complained to them three times now but they either tell me it's resolved and it isn't or as of tonight live chat is simply referring me back to Customer Services.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A trusted partner then if CPW are involved. Possibly a business contract too. As said, the contract is void and if necessary, make a complaint. You can find details on the contact page at the bottom.

how to make a complaint.

Message 9 of 9