cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any info as to when other devices apart from iPhone 7/7 Plus will be activated for wifi calling? Cheers.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144210 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It is already.
You just need to force a carrier update and enable it in settings then go to your MyO2 and turn it on in there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I got the carrier update and see the switch but get a 'cannot activate' error when I try and slide it on, directing me to a web page which mentions 6s and newer. This is true for both 4G and wifi calling

Message 22 of 31

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I got the carrier update and see the switch but get a 'cannot activate' error when I try and slide it on, directing me to a web page which mentions 6s and newer. This is true for both 4G and wifi calling

@Anonymous

Have you activated it in your account on My O2?

Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 144210 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Go to your MyO2 and turn it on in there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a business customer. Is that possible with business? I can;t see how to do it
Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I see you said 'enable it in settings' before doing sthng else in MyO2. That's my problem - I can;t enable it in my phone settings and O2 say the iPhone 6 isn't supported

Message 26 of 31

MI5
  • 144210 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The 6 is supported as my wifi has it on her 6 but normal consumer account not business.
I'd call customer service on 8002 to ask.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 31

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous

I think you can just request to have VoLTE turned on in your account and it should be active in your account.

Message 28 of 31

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous

I would not say iPhone 6 is supported but it works as @MI5 says. That would mean you can't phone O2 when something went wrong on an unsupported device.

Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - I phoned 8002 as suggested, told the operator I had a 6S and he activated it on my account. 24 hours later all fine. thanks for all your help!
Message 30 of 31