cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any info as to when other devices apart from iPhone 7/7 Plus will be activated for wifi calling? Cheers.
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No idea whatsoever.
It all depends on when o2 decide to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No idea whatsoever.
It all depends on when o2 decide to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
As @MI5 says it's up to O2 but you can check in your myo2 occasionally to see if it's changed
Message 3 of 31

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Hope they keep the Tu app going though
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 31

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
They'll keep TuGo going for the foreseeable future (or at least until 90% of handsets support WiFi Calling).

I can see more handsets coming online once the S8 is release (perhaps Samsung devices to tie in with this release)
Message 5 of 31

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No one can second guess what their intention is with Tugo. We can only hope they continue with it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous there's no info on this been rolled out on other devices but if something is announced we'll cover it here. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 31

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No one can second guess what their intention is with Tugo. We can only hope they continue with it.

I think shouldn't worry too much as VoWiFi has GSMA standard and hope most devices will support it one day.

Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't rely on the o2 app checked on it as there is a link and it said my 5s would work and would be active in 24 hours they could add it now the iPhone 5 on runs the same iOS and same required carrier software so what's stopping it?? iPhone 7 sales that's what's stopping it
Message 9 of 31

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
At the moment it is probably quality control since the WiFi calling also activates 4G Calling (where available) so they are probably ensuring that the network doesn't fail when multiple devices have these functionalities enabled.
Message 10 of 31