Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

WEB DAILY EUROPE

I am going on holiday to Italy and have been told that if I text "DATA" to 2020 I will be opted in to Web Daily Europe so that for £1.50 per day I will have access to 15MB data daily.  I cannot however see anything on O2 website as to how to opt out of this when my short holiday is over.  Can anyone help please?

Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: WEB DAILY EUROPE

You could just call 202 on your return but others have left it in place for the next trip as you obviously only get charged if you use data abroad it is not £1.50 a day if no data used.

as stated here in the t&C

"

• If you opt in, then for each day that you use data in one of the countries listed below, you will be charged a maximum of £1.50 for the data you use on that day."
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you confirm that Web Daily Europe does NOT come into play whilst I am using my mobile in the UK? Sorry if that is stupid question - I am never sure when UK is IN Europe and when it is OUT of Europe.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

it is a roaming bolton i.e. when not in your home network coverage o2-uk and in one of the countries in the list

i.e. point 7 of the t&C

"

• The service is available in Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Cyprus: Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Isle of Man; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden."
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

As someone who uses it I can confirm you are only charged for the days you use it. 

I was charged for some I used in France a month back and I shall simply leave it in place for my next trip to Europe late July.

Anonymous

Thank you to both DaveC and Adamtemp6 foryour kind help. Much appreciated.

glad to help

Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

I can reiterate what others have said really, I've had "WDE" set up since August last year and have only ever been charged when i've used data abroad. It kinda lays dormant when you're back in the UK.