Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

WAP and Mobile Internet

We have 2 x Nokia mobiles on contract with O2 and since joining O2 we have had £125 in calls itemised every month as either wap.o2.co.uk or mobile.o2.co.uk. Neither of us use the mobiles for the internet or email so please help!!!
What could these charges be for?
I have also been informed by O2 that it is not policy to restrict access and therefore stop these calls happening and that I need to buy a bundle.
Can we stop this happening without having to buy the bolt on?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: WAP and Mobile Internet

We have 2 x Nokia mobiles on contract with O2 and since joining O2 we have had £125 in calls itemised every month as either wap.o2.co.uk or mobile.o2.co.uk. Neither of us use the mobiles for the internet or email so please help!!!
What could these charges be for?
I have also been informed by O2 that it is not policy to restrict access and therefore stop these calls happening and that I need to buy a bundle.
Can we stop this happening without having to buy the bolt on?

i have this problem too with sony ericcson experta x 8, i have had to disable data traffic so heres hoping no unexpected large bills this month,i feel o2 are not very customer friendly
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its not really O2s fault if you use something outside your allowance then you'll be charged for it. To avoid being charged then stop your phone doing whatever its doing, or change to a tariff which is more suited to your use.
Highlighted
Topics: 294
Kudos: 1,847
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,312

What tariff's are you on?
As all new tariffs have web daily which would cap the data to £30 a month each handset.
All handets allow you to alter the apn's this would stop the charge.
It is not o2's fault if you have an internet enabled handset and do not have the correct data tariff.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

So, this is a business account and now O2 are saying that they cannot block our WAP usage as it is not their policy. And get this - they can't tell me what this WAP access is being used for or what sites/apps are being used. MY ISP can tell me what websites I've accessed or what apps I've downloaded so why can't O2.
Looks like my only choice is to pay them to add the data bundles.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 can't stop it but you can by removing the APN address in your phones settings as suggested previously.