Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

W890i never connects to the o2 3G network....help pls

Hi

I've just registered for the forum because I have a problem with my W890i.

It never seems to connect to the 02 3G network. I have just recently been to Canada and, once when I totally lost all signal, the small 3G icon appeared next to the signal bar. This made me question why I never get this in the UK.

I have checked the settings and it is enabled to access GSM and 3G networks.
I live in a WF1 postcode which claims to have excellent 3G signal. However, when I access the internet from my phone it is exceptionally slow and the 3G icon is not present. It states in the manual this icon appears when the phone is connected to a 3G network.

Has anyone any suggestions of what could be wrong and how I can connect to the UK 3G network?

Many thanks in advance,
Steve
Anonymous

I had my previous Sim for 5.5 years and had to contact O2 for a 3G one! Not saying this is your case but how long have you had the O2 Sim for?

If you already have a 3G Sim then could be an area prob as it says I should get 3G in my post code but I only get 2G!!??

Peps
Anonymous

I'd never thought of that I don't think I have ever changed my Sim card which will be about 6 years now.

I'll go into the o2 shop today and see whats what.

Thanks
Steve
Anonymous

I'd never thought of that I don't think I have ever changed my Sim card which will be about 6 years now.
I'll go into the o2 shop today and see whats what.
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve

No Probs Mate, and your welcome,

Glad to help!!

I would definately say your Sim is not 3G then, they will more than likely send you one out and give you the info when they will swap your number and contract on to it,!

Don't usually take that long, they will prob tell you to continue using your old one, you can turn it on and off near the time they say it'll swap over (Sometimes you have to do this) then when your old one suddenly becomes inactive that's when the new one will be ready to use!

P.S. make sure you back up all your numbers and anything else you have on the Sim before it swaps over Mate,!

Or you will lose em,

Cheers

Peps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Problem solved, I popped into my local O2 and they gave me a new 3G SIM just had to call up to activate it and ten minutes later on the 3G network Smiley Very Happy

When I'm at home I get the HSDPA network which is always a bonus, shame I'll be moving house soon to a non 3G area...... oh dear!
Anonymous

Problem solved, I popped into my local O2 and they gave me a new 3G SIM just had to call up to activate it and ten minutes later on the 3G network Smiley Very Happy
When I'm at home I get the HSDPA network which is always a bonus, shame I'll be moving house soon to a non 3G area...... oh dear!

Glad you got sorted Laa Smiley Very Happy