Did you mean: 

Volts

lippyflyer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I currently have a pay monthly Sim, but am out of contract.  I few days ago I changed broadband supplier and signed-up to a Virgin Volts package.  I want to port my existing O2 number.  Virgin said this would be possible, but to just double check with O2 Customer Services.  I rang CS and asked: 

Can I keep my existing number when the new Sim Card arrives - answer "yes."

Do I have to give 30 notice and cancel my existing out of contract sim - "No."

How can I be sure I won't be double charged for both sim contracts (existing and new) - "As soon as you remove the sim card and replace with the new one, the old contract will cease and the new one will be effective" was the response.  

Has anyone experienced such a transition and is there anything I should be aware of? 

I can feel it all going wrong!

Any help or guidance would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@lippyflyer 

Once the number migrates to the new contract the old one is cancelled as you can't have the same number on 2 different contracts.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@lippyflyer 

Once the number migrates to the new contract the old one is cancelled as you can't have the same number on 2 different contracts.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

lippyflyer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5

Thanks for your prompt reply to my concerns.

Interestingly I popped into the local O2 shop earlier, the member of staff said in my scenario as an existing O2 customer I wouldn't be able to port my number to the new contract.  

I'll have a read of the migrating and porting link and see if that sheds any light on the subject.

I've still got a few weeks to try and calm my fears!

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@lippyflyer 

Complete rubbish from the store.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4