Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt bundle.

mike_gain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am already a VM customer with the Oomph bundle (and virgin mobile sim) and have an O2 pay monthly contract (the device part will be paid off this month).

I was wondering what the process is if I change my Virgin Media bundle to a Volt Ultimate bundle. Does the O2 part of the bundle get applied to my current 02 pay monthly sim or do I end up with O2 sims. I basically want to keep my number and have the Ultimate data applied to it.

As an aside I'll be upgrading my mobile device soon, if I already have a sim plan an I able just take out a device repayment plan or does it make more sense to upgrade my phobe, take out a new data plan with it and then change to a Volt package on VM.

Finally if everything is straightforward and I have a Volt package with my existing number, do all phone data plans I add under my o2 account get double the data. I'm looking to setup new contracts under my name for my wife (currently with O2) my eldest son (has the Virgin Mobile oomph sim) and my 2nd oldest son (has pay as you go 02 sim)

In my head I'm thinking next Friday I go into an 02 shop, upgrade mine and my wife's phones, sign up for 2 new monthly sims for my kids, get the PAC code from VM so my eldest keeps his number......then take out a Volt bundle with Virgin Media and get unlimited data applied.

That's the dream. Anyone done anything similar, any gotchas?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6533 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1481 Solutions

To change from Oomph you will have to speak to Virgin.

You have two basic options.

1. Sign up for a new Volt Package via Virgin

2. Negotiate a new broadband only package with Virgin and then sign up for Volt via MyO2.

Of those two options I would choose the latter. The Volt section of the Virgin Forum is littered with customers that have been missold.

The renegotiating broadband and then signing via O2 is the route I took.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6533 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1481 Solutions

To change from Oomph you will have to speak to Virgin.

You have two basic options.

1. Sign up for a new Volt Package via Virgin

2. Negotiate a new broadband only package with Virgin and then sign up for Volt via MyO2.

Of those two options I would choose the latter. The Volt section of the Virgin Forum is littered with customers that have been missold.

The renegotiating broadband and then signing via O2 is the route I took.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2