Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Blulu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone help please??  I have a Samsung phone with voicemail turned off.  However, a company is still managing to leave a voicemail on my phone, the phone never rings, they just manage to leave a voicemail.  O2 customer service got me to go through everything, turn off the voicemail, the forwarding etc but still they can leave a voicemail.  The call is not even for me, despite telling the company they have the wrong number they are persistant.  How can they do this?? I am now getting to the point of either changing my number (a lot of hassle for me) or going to the Police and putting in a harrassement claim against this company.  Any ideas how to stop this as I was pretty sure people couldn't just leave voicemails with the O2 system????

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That company is who o2 sell their debts to.
It would be worth you calling them and explaining the situation as that would most likely stop the calls immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They obviously know a way around the system somehow.
All we can tell you is to dial 1760 to turn it off but as you’ve done that already I don’t know if anything else to advise.
You could try reporting them to the PSA and or the Police but can’t think of anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Blulu
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  The problem I am finding is everytime they leave a voicemail, my voicemail switches itself on so I have to go through the whole 1760 and ##002# all over again...it is a complete nightmare.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Is the call witheld or does it show a number? If a number showing then just block it on your phone....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Blulu
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone doesn't even ring!! They don't call, they just leave a voicemail..

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Blulu wrote:

The phone doesn't even ring!! They don't call, they just leave a voicemail..

Oh I see...so no call registered at all...just a voicemail. Very weird. You may have to request a change of number then...or follow @MI5's advice above @Blulu

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Is it just one person at this company leaving the voice mail or different people? Did the company tell you who or why one of their employees was calling you?

Are all the calls about the same thing? I've never heard of anyone being able to bypass or switch on voicemails remotely though you can access your voice mail remotely.

I don't know why any company would want to do this unless it's one individual stalking you in which case you can get it stopped by the police.

Have you tried setting your phone to block all withheld or unknown numbers to see if that stops them? Worth a try maybe.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Blulu

Very sorry to hear of your troubles with voicemail

It's just a thought

I had frequent voicemails  on my then landline, it  was some sort of medical call, I realised it was for someone who had my number before me ... I'd changed my number due to a persistent nuisance caller ... I managed to let the caller know that her 'patient / client' had changed their number

I don't know the situation with mobile phones ... just trying to help you

Message 8 of 13

Blulu
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it is an automated voicemail, calling every day a just leaving me a voicemail, no phone call or nothing.  They ask for a specific person (I have never heard of this person), they leave a reference number and a telephone number.  But I refuse to ring them as I would then have to give my details which I don't want to do.  I have googled the number and it would appear it is from a debt collection company (Lowell), I have no debts, so it is definitely not for me.  I will go into the O2 shop at the weekend and get them to check my phone and see what they can do.  Thankfully if I need to go to the Police with this all of the calls (voicemails) have been recorded, as I have to do that for my job.

Thanks everyone for your help, it is much appreciated and I will be getting this sorted one way or another.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That company is who o2 sell their debts to.
It would be worth you calling them and explaining the situation as that would most likely stop the calls immediately.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13