Did you mean: 

Voicemail

anton1201
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hope someone can help as not having much luck with cs as I am
Not confident they know the answer , I have searched and seem to find conflicting info, i am about to travel to Egypt that does not come under any of o2 travel bolt ons, if I were to divert all my calls to voicemail before I left the uk would inthem be charged for anyone leaving a message if I do not listen to it , I understand I will be charged if I dial in to listen to it and I also understand that I can switch off voice message completely but as i have my own business this could affect my business
If people are calling and there is no way for them to leave a message, i hope someone can help
Thank you
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@anton1201 If I am reading the information provided by @Cleoriff correctly you have 2 options:

1. Follow @Cleoriff's instructions on setting up not reachable divert, or
2. Divert all calls to voicemail and do not turn on your phone at all whilst abroad.

@Cleoriff will correct me if I've either misread the information she provided or there's a third option I've somehow missed.

My understanding is even if you divert all calls to voicemail in the UK before travelling, you could still be charged for any calls going to voicemail, even if you don't check your voicemail, and your customers will be charged for leaving the message as your phone will register as abroad the minute you turn it on.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@anton1201 wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback however I still seem to have conflicting answers

i totally understand the concept of paying to receive a call and the. Paying for it going to voicemail and then paying if I wish to listen to it, I have searched all the threads and links 

what I am trying to find out is if I divert all calls straight to voicemail  while in the uk then the calls should not reach the connection abroad as should be going straight to voicemail from the UK I did find One poece of text on o2 website that o2 will never charge for voice massages unless they are listened to so I am just trying to find out will it go straight to voicemail without going abroad and then I am only charged if I decide to call my voicemail to listen to it

This will only work if you divert all calls immediately to vm and don't connect to any foreign networks when away.

You could also call your voicemail from another phone if you set up a pin which would be just counted as a single call. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The information is correct as I posted it @anton1201

You have to set up your voicemail to divert to 'not reachable' (as I explained in my post)

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

The information is only confusing due to the complicated nature of using O2 voicemail abroad and in a country which is not in the EU.

Edited to add. If you do set up a pin to divert calls to another phone... you will still be charged for calling the other phone. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13