Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Blulu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone help please??  I have a Samsung phone with voicemail turned off.  However, a company is still managing to leave a voicemail on my phone, the phone never rings, they just manage to leave a voicemail.  O2 customer service got me to go through everything, turn off the voicemail, the forwarding etc but still they can leave a voicemail.  The call is not even for me, despite telling the company they have the wrong number they are persistant.  How can they do this?? I am now getting to the point of either changing my number (a lot of hassle for me) or going to the Police and putting in a harrassement claim against this company.  Any ideas how to stop this as I was pretty sure people couldn't just leave voicemails with the O2 system????

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You may have some piddling amount from a previous contract that you are either unaware of or have not been notified of. However, please don't ignore it. It is almost certainly O2 related and continual ignoring of it doesn't mean it just goes away. Lowells are definitely the company that buy O2 account arrears so be aware there may well be a default on your credit file that could have an disastrous effect on your ability to obtain any form of credit or even a mortgage for the next six years.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
How long have you had this number?
As they aren't asking for you, it's either a previous owner of your number or a simple mistake which they should sort out.
I had a similar situation a while back where an electricity company were calling me chasing a debt that wasn't mine.
It took a couple of calls to them for them to investigate but found it to be their mistake and the calls stopped.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Blulu, how are you doing this week? Just wanted to check if you've had any progress with the voicemail issue since you last posted? slight_smile

Message 13 of 13