Did you mean: 

Voicemail won’t work

Nicnac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please help !!!

For some reason I can’t get voice mail on my phone or the missed call alerts. When I call the relevant 1750 number it says we could not activate your voicemail as we do not have your number. If I call 1710 to try and activate the missed call alert is also says it cannot be done as they do not have my number.
I’ve turned phone on and off. My numbers set up in iPhone. I’ve reset my network settings.
This has been going on for 7 months. I’ve been promised callback after callback from every dept going. Every time I’m promised it will be fixed in 24 hours. And it doesn’t happen.

When my phones off as in completely shut down and someone rings it they get a busy tone as if the phone is on and it’s engaged.

Thanks x

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Nicnac 

Our voicemail help is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712 but this sounds like something that needs escalating beyond normal customer service. 

Call again and ask for it to be sent to tech service for investigation. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 3 of 14

Nicnac
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

Thanks for getting back to Me. I’ve spoke to tech time ( four times) every time they say they will send the correct form to the right dept and within 24 hours it will be fixed. And it never is. It’s so infuriating 😞 just don’t know what to do. Spoke to compamints team they’ve directed me to the tech team x
Message 4 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Nicnac Has anyone suggested a new sim card? If you have an O2 store nearby they can swap your sim for a new one while you're there. The swap time offline can be up to 24 hours, but it's normally much quicker than that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

Nicnac
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay great I’ll give that a try now xxx
Message 6 of 14

Nicnac
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I’ve tried that. Just don’t know what it can be. Especially when my phones off that people get the engaged tone x
Message 7 of 14

Nicnac
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can’t seem where to find 02 WiFi calling in the o2 app. It just sends me to the directions on how to turn it off on my mobile
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You can only turn it off in your phone settings but that usually gives a different error if it’s related to WiFi calling. 

This sounds like a provisioning error which needs resetting by tech support. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Nicnac
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I’ve just tried something on my account it’s come up saying we need to send a txt to your number to verify it’s you. But my old number is the one it says it’s send the text too. Even tho my new number is at the top of myo2.

Plus my WiFi calling does not work I don’t know whether this is Cos I got my iPhone replaced in Apple and it’s nlt from o2 x
Message 10 of 14