Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Voicemail telling me my pin is wrong

Last month voicemail told me my pin was incorrect, I contact O2 and after various things they did it was resolve in a few days, 1 being I had a cap on my phone for charges, I was told this was the issue so they removed it and replaced it with another version of a spend cap. well O2 you havent resolved my issue, everytime I ring voicemail it stated I got my pin wrong (No I didnt) then I enter it again and it lets me in, well yesterday it just kept failing and now I am locked out, it tells me I recently change my pin and to contact customer services.

Has anyone came up against this issue?

JH

Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

Re: Voicemail telling me my pin is wrong

@shimerin 

I'm afraid you'll have to contact customer services again as there appears to be an issue on your account http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Incidentally, have you tries turning it off and on to see if it helps ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Hey @shimerin, any luck following the advice above? It'd be great if you could let us know whether you need more help with your voicemail at all, or if you're all sorted now  Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

[ Edited ]

I find that every time I listen to a voicemail (not that often), it asks me to reset my pin.  Never seems to stick.

Thanks

Steve
Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

O2 will require that you reset your pin after 30 days of inactivity on your voicemail so of you use it regularly it's ok but infrequent users will nearly always have to reset it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@MI5 wrote:
O2 will require that you reset your pin after 30 days of inactivity on your voicemail so of you use it regularly it's ok but infrequent users will nearly always have to reset it.

That makes sense. Enables them to decommission mailboxes for numbers no longer used too I guess

Thanks

Steve