Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail telling me my pin is wrong

shimerin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last month voicemail told me my pin was incorrect, I contact O2 and after various things they did it was resolve in a few days, 1 being I had a cap on my phone for charges, I was told this was the issue so they removed it and replaced it with another version of a spend cap. well O2 you havent resolved my issue, everytime I ring voicemail it stated I got my pin wrong (No I didnt) then I enter it again and it lets me in, well yesterday it just kept failing and now I am locked out, it tells me I recently change my pin and to contact customer services.

Has anyone came up against this issue?

JH

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@shimerin 

I'm afraid you'll have to contact customer services again as there appears to be an issue on your account http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Incidentally, have you tries turning it off and on to see if it helps ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@shimerin 

I'm afraid you'll have to contact customer services again as there appears to be an issue on your account http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Incidentally, have you tries turning it off and on to see if it helps ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @shimerin, any luck following the advice above? It'd be great if you could let us know whether you need more help with your voicemail at all, or if you're all sorted now  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I find that every time I listen to a voicemail (not that often), it asks me to reset my pin.  Never seems to stick.

Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 will require that you reset your pin after 30 days of inactivity on your voicemail so of you use it regularly it's ok but infrequent users will nearly always have to reset it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
O2 will require that you reset your pin after 30 days of inactivity on your voicemail so of you use it regularly it's ok but infrequent users will nearly always have to reset it.

That makes sense. Enables them to decommission mailboxes for numbers no longer used too I guess

Thanks

Steve
Message 6 of 8

shimerin
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted O2 customer care, 6+ times since this issue appeared I have had to reset the pin several times when it eventually worked. I have had my issue put to the back office twice and just today a genius told me not to use a pin because this will keep happening, Thanks O2 for your security advice. I have sent a RESET txt today and now its 1 hour without a return text.

It is great to have a forum like this when there is a deadend.

Many thanks

SH

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If the pin has been reset to default then that is 8705.

Try that pin and then you should get the message to reset on your voicemail.

Message 8 of 8