Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail says it's full when it is in fact empty

Chasmore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I allowed my voicemail to become full.  I then emptied it.  Having done so callers were still being told it was full and messages could not be left.  I was told by O2 that it was a device issue.  I had a Google Pixel at that point.  I upgraded my phone to an Oppo Find X5 hoping it would be fixed.  It hasn't been.

I have spent hours with O2 since trying to get it fixed but to no avail

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

Anyone got any ideas other than 1760/1750/##002#

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12624 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

That being the case @Chasmore I'll mention the community advisors in case they can help.

Watch out for a message on the community - it's the envelope icon in the top right when you log in.

@O2Lisa can you help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Chasmore If the problem is happening on two different phones it seems pretty obvious that it isn't a device issue. Sounds like whoever you spoke to at O2 was trying to fob you off.  Have you tried contacting O2 via social media? They may be able to help:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Edit: Also take a look at this guide, if you haven't done so:

All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901. - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7939 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

As voicemail isn't stored on the phone the chances of it being a device issue would be rare indeed.

Have you tried switching voicemail off by dialing 1760. Leave it a while then turn it on again by dialing 1750?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 14

Chasmore
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino - I am one of those rare people who doesn't do social media so cannot contact them that way.  I was on the live chat with them and eventually went through to a supervisor.  It rather looks as if I am going to have t change networks/change my number which is really irritating

Message 4 of 14

Chasmore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks Enlli.  I have tried 1760 then 1750 in quick succession but have now done 1760 and will wait a while then try 1750.

Message 5 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Chasmore Live Chat is essentially useless. If you don't use social media, call customer service.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

gmarkj
  • 12624 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

If the turn off and on again didn't fix the problem @Chasmore  (praise be to The IT Crowd!), then let us know and we can get one of the community advisors to take a look...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 14

Chasmore
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks gmarkj  - much appreciated.  it didn't work.... 

Message 8 of 14

Chasmore
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino

Just spent an hour on the phone to a very helpful chap who couldn't fix it but has escalated it internally.  they have extended my cancellation period on the phone while they try to fix it.

Message 9 of 14

gmarkj
  • 12624 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

That being the case @Chasmore I'll mention the community advisors in case they can help.

Watch out for a message on the community - it's the envelope icon in the top right when you log in.

@O2Lisa can you help?

Message 10 of 14