Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail question

skyerayleigh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 48 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm trying to call someone but all I keep getting is someone telling me to  press 1 to send a text to let the person know you tried to call as they are currently unavailable. Not had this before, does anyone know what service it is. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning @skyerayleigh and welcome to the community.

Some networks offer a facility whereby if the person you are calling is out of signal or their phone is switched off, you have the option of that network sending the person a text to say you have called. It is a free service. Once that person is back in signal or turns the phone back on the text will alert them to your call attempt. They can then choose to call you back or text you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning @skyerayleigh and welcome to the community.

Some networks offer a facility whereby if the person you are calling is out of signal or their phone is switched off, you have the option of that network sending the person a text to say you have called. It is a free service. Once that person is back in signal or turns the phone back on the text will alert them to your call attempt. They can then choose to call you back or text you.
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Just noticed the duplicate thread Nick......I see you have flagged it. (I was about to reply on that one) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
T Mobile....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
T Mobile....?

EE and Vodafone do it automatically whenever you get a call and the handset is off, without the caller requesting it.

Message 5 of 6

skyerayleigh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 48 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 6 of 6