Did you mean: 

Voicemail issue

Mouse
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've got two phones on a Pay monthly account, the voicemail on the first one works fine but on the second SIM which arrived today I cannot change the notification settings. i.e. Notify by text insted of on screen icon.

I have tried the SIM in two phones and the option for "change the way you are notified of new messages" seems to be missing from the second SIM, had a chat with o2 and they suggested 1760 / 1750 and send a SMS with the word STATE to 90111 but nothing has worked.

Anyone else had this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have a look here for help https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Mouse
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 but unfortuatly your article does not cover my issue.

o2 CS are being worse then usless telling me the usual take the battery out ect, yes on an iphone right.

Sorry for the rant but they are really winding me up on something that I know is a netowrk thing...

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sorry, I thought it was call alerts you wanted turning on?
"How do I switch it on?
You can turn on O2 Call Alert any time by calling 1710 free from your mobile phone. And you call exactly the same number to switch it off."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Mouse
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5

No what I was trying to do was change the way i'm notified of new messages.

There is an option via 901 to chose voicemail spool icon, ringback or text message notification. 

On my first SIM the option is there and works fine but it is missing on my second SIM. 

I cannot make o2 understand the problem though.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Is the missing option on an iPhone and the working one on android?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Mouse
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No both iphone.

Swapped around and also tried in a non-smartphone but still no joy.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, so I think this to do with your data bolt on. The notification options don't appear if you have visual voicemail enabled on an iPhone, so I suspect you have the correct iPhone bolt on on the sim that isn't giving you the option and just standard data set on the sim that is working.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8