cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Pin resets itself, disabling my voicemail access until pin is reset

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a problem with my Voicemail pin, where it randomly resets itself after a month or two and needs to be set up again. - Does anyone else get this problem with their O2 voicemail?

It is extremely inconvenient because it will often reset while I happen to be abroad - and I cannot reset the Voicemail pin from abroad - It does not recognise that it's actually my phone trying to re-enable the pin access and won't do it  - so I cannot reset the pin or access any voicemail until I return to the UK sometime later.

I've had this problem on my mobile number number 3 different phones and different sim-cards, so does not seem to be related to the phone, but to O2's voicemail service

Can anyone offer any advice? (the only answer I ever get from O2 service is: try setting it on again and see if it works this time - but it always goes wrong again sometime later!).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I did a quick search and although others have reported it there doesn't appear to be an answer https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=voicemail+pin+reset
Does it coincide with you doing anything else other than going abroad?
I wonder if it is a problem caused by your phone registering on a different network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whilst it doesn't answer your question either, we have a VM help thread that you might be interested in reading https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope this isn't a duplicate, - I just posted but its not appearing, so don't know whether it succeeded or not.
Just wanted to say thanks for the quick reply, I hadn't found the other thread in my searching, and helpful to know others have similar problems, even if no solution yet.
There doesn't seem any pattern to the pin resets - Beyond that, I'll add some detail to the other thread as I think its more useful there.
Cheers,
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries, be sure to let us know if anything changes or if you figure out a pattern or fix?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with your voicemail pin issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6