Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Vodafone iphone due 14.01.2010

Just looking at the tariffs for the iphone on vodafone, has anyone seen them and what are your thoughts, do you think o2 will have to relook at there tariffs.

I spoke to o2 at weekend and he suggested waiting to see what Vodafone release and that may drive the prices down, the vodafone £35.00 per month looks ok, 300 mins unlimited text, wi-fi, vodafone to vodafone and 1G of mobile internet and £149.00 for phone?

I can upgrade now or wait till 6th Feb to get the discounts but i really want iphone now, went onto simplicity at weekend and just need to have patience i suppose.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Vodafone iphone due 14.01.2010

Just looking at the tariffs for the iphone on vodafone, has anyone seen them and what are your thoughts, do you think o2 will have to relook at there tariffs.
I spoke to o2 at weekend and he suggested waiting to see what Vodafone release and that may drive the prices down, the vodafone £35.00 per month looks ok, 300 mins unlimited text, wi-fi, vodafone to vodafone and 1G of mobile internet and £149.00 for phone?
I can upgrade now or wait till 6th Feb to get the discounts but i really want iphone now, went onto simplicity at weekend and just need to have patience i suppose.

If their is a difference, I would hardly think that is much between it. Tesco are now offering the iPhone now, the tariffs are totally different, but if you think of it in the long run, there isn't much. £220 for the 8GB Iphone on a £20 12 month contract, might work out cheaper but I'm unsure of the 3G S model.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Vodafone are only offering 1GB of allowance with their iphone ... be very careful this is easy to exceed most Iphone customers use over 3GB a month!
Highlighted
Anonymous

actually all networks give you 1GB of internet usage, that's the official apple agreement. Its like when they tell you you get unlimited internet, well actually its not unlimited as you only get 500MB's. Orange have already confirmed to me that yes they give you 1GB of internet with the option to buy more...so come on O2 lets have a bit of honesty!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

People are always looking for cheaper prices, but you have to remember you pay for what you get.

I work for a broadband provider. The market is so competative that we're practically giving away the broadband it's that cheap. Next to no proffit margin.
But when the service doesn't run 100% perfect 24/7 we get dogs abuse. When you try and put up the prices, so the company can improve the service (improvements need money) then everyone moans at the price...

If O2 make the iphone tarrifs cheaper, i think it would be a mistake. They're coverage is already poor compared to other operators..this will just hold them back more
Highlighted
Anonymous

So if i went with Vodafone on their £35.00 pm tariff with 600 mins unlimited text and 1gb would this be a bad idea.

I will use the phone for internet but not to dowmload anything, can someone explain what gb is and will i need unlimited wi fi and data?

Sorry to sound thick.
Highlighted
Anonymous

1GB should be fine, I use wifi alot more than the network, but I average around 50-100MB.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Vodafone just rang me to ask if i was out of contract anytime soon and if i was interested in any phone. Advised currently looking at the iPhone and they went on to state there tariff prices as per internet.

16gs white £35.00 pm - 300 mins - unlimited texts - 1gb mobile internet and webmail - unlimited wi-fi