Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Vodafone contract expiring!

Hello,

I am after the iPhone or Blackberry Storm as I have 2 Vodafone contracts that are
about to end Smiley Very Happy

Vodafone are offering - Blackberry Storm Vodafone - 600 minutes, unlimited texts, email & internet - £35 a month for 18 months.

O2 are offering - £100 iPhone, 600mins 500 texts, unlimited data & wi-fi - £35 a month for 18 months.

Can O2 give me any deal for the iPhone? Such as £30 a month on the deal above? As I said I have 2 contracts nearly finished with Vodafone and am interested in the Apple iPhone, its all going to be down to a decent deal Smiley Mad

Please advise ASAP. I am waiting just on this to decide :robotindifferent:

Jason Hughes
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

please use the search

O2 are not doing deals on iphone asked loads of times.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you would need to add an extra £5 onto the tariff for BIS (personal) or £26 BES (business)for the email facility. Plus there are still alot of issues with the software/firmware, battery life and reception.

If like you say your contracts are nearing the end I would go for the iphone. If you can afford to wait a couple of months when probably RIM and VF have sorted the above issues out, (apparently the latest update hasn't sorted out all of the problems)then at least you can leave your options open.

Have you looked on the Vodafone forum? that could also help you make your mind up.

Hope this has helped.
Anonymous

please use the search

Thanks for the helps guys. Adam, you must be mistaken I already know a few people who have deals going on or I wouldnt of asked. Also I have 3 phones currently with Vodafone that are due to expire which 1 will be with O2 if the right iPhone deal came my way, & also there is a high possibility of the other contract coming to O2 as well, all depending on a good deal Smiley Very Happy
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

please use the search

Thanks for the helps guys. Adam, you must be mistaken I already know a few people who have deals going on or I wouldnt of asked. Also I have 3 phones currently with Vodafone that are due to expire which 1 will be with O2 if the right iPhone deal came my way, & also there is a high possibility of the other contract coming to O2 as well, all depending on a good deal Smiley Very Happy

many pepole have posted on here that even retentions cannot do deals on the iphone. but you seam to know better so why ask the question in the first place.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

please use the search

many pepole have posted on here that even retentions cannot do deals on the iphone. but you seam to know better so why ask the question in the first place.

Because unlike you im waiting for an O2 rep to respond...
Anonymous

Because unlike you im waiting for an O2 rep to respond...

They officially won't reply. There are the few who post on their own time.
As above, there are no deals available on the iphone. The iphone is their exclusive and will milk it for all its worth. Judging by the demand in the O2 shops yesterday (sunday), I can see that O2 will not need to offer any deals to entice people.
It seems highly dubious that several of your aquaintances have got deals outside of the current offering. Unless they upgraded from the iphone then yes, there was a deal for them within a short period of time. What kind of deals are they on, just for the record?
I would say, that you have a better chance of getting a great deal on the Storm with Vodafone with the number of contracts you have.

Thanks for the information Smiley Happy , deals such as the £100 fee being slashed for moving a couple of phones from one provider to the other, or paying the £100 and the £35 a month deal for £30 a month, I was hoping to do a similiar thing :womanindifferent:

I am in negotiations with the Blackberry Storm at the moment but nothing worth buying into at the moment. I have been a loyal customer to Vodafone for a quite a few years now, but it seems the longer your with them the more they try and rip you off.