cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Confirm No Price Increases During Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yesterday Vodafone confirmed via press release that they will be following OFCOM's guidance and NOT increasing monthly tariff prices during the term of a contract (typically 2 years).

This follows changes in terms and conditions by both o2 and EE (who own the Orange and T Mobile brands) that prices on their contracts WILL increase annually by inflation.

Vodafone are expected to use this differential when seeking to sell contract accounts to both new and existing customers (existing who re contract / upgrade).

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Before joining o2, i spoke to one of their sales agents who confirmed this to me at that time, approx 1 month ago. But their prices compared to o2 is still more expensive unless you pull off an excellent deal. All network providers will try and squeeze as much out of their customers as possible, all network providers have their pros and cons. I chose o2 as both vodafone and o2 coverage is the same in areas i would be located, and i pulled off a better deal with o2 even though i know the price of my contract will increase via RPI....

When you are been sold anything by a sales agent, you must always remind them who the customer is and squeeze as much out of them as possible, just as they try to squeeze as much out of us. IMHO.....

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Swings and roundabouts is what I see in this.

Perhaps charges for Vodaphone services may change.

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's it then, I am off to VF.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does Vodaphone provide adequate signal where you live, work and commute !

Don't go by service maps.

Try their payg SIM card.

No increase in charges is no help with a network with patchy strength. 😞
Message 4 of 23

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Before joining o2, i spoke to one of their sales agents who confirmed this to me at that time, approx 1 month ago. But their prices compared to o2 is still more expensive unless you pull off an excellent deal. All network providers will try and squeeze as much out of their customers as possible, all network providers have their pros and cons. I chose o2 as both vodafone and o2 coverage is the same in areas i would be located, and i pulled off a better deal with o2 even though i know the price of my contract will increase via RPI....

When you are been sold anything by a sales agent, you must always remind them who the customer is and squeeze as much out of them as possible, just as they try to squeeze as much out of us. IMHO.....

Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 5 of 23

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/05/09/vodafone-will-not-increase-line-rental-mid-contract/

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was with Vodafone before joining O2. For me there wasn't a huge difference in signal but the customer service with O2 is much better. Personally I would rather swallow the increases than have poor customer service.
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree with you @Anonymous

Vodafone continue to have major problems with their Customer Service which is why I left them twice over the last 4 years.

All I ask is a reliable good network for a reasonable tariff. If something goes wrong (which it will from time to time) then just an honest approach to sorting it out.

O2 haven't been brilliant in the early days of my contract but if I am being honest and balanced they are now pulling out all the stops now I am talking to the right people.
Message 8 of 23

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Agree, with o2, if you speak to the right team/people you will get your answer. This is also from my personal experience.
Message 9 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have to agree with most on here, sometimes knowing you have the backup of cs agents that will help is worth the little extra. I had one phone on voda with a offer of 6months free Spotify, I signed up and proceeded to follow instructions to claim the Spotify subscription. The next month my bill included Spotify sub @ £10, rang up and had to be transferred 6 times until someone even had a clue about the offer, they then applied for a refund to me. Next month. Same. Rang again and again got refund. Next month got an email off Spotify informing me my trial had ended and I need to update my payment. Turns out voda cancelled my sub in the process and by requesting 2 refunds from mpay, had got my number blacklisted for mobile payments which meant I could no longer pay for PlayStation content using my mobile. I rang up, And explained I could not send the confirmation texts to mpay to allow the ps purchases to go through, they then had the good decency to deactivate the adult content restriction and confirm with a letter I had to explain to my wife lol. Despite trying to explain to voda cs numerous times since, I still cannot get mpay payments to work and it's been like that since some clown at voda ballsed up my failed Spotify offer. Looking at voda forums I'm not alone with this problem either.
They say you get what you pay for and o2 do seem to want to help just that bit more.
Message 10 of 23