cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Pay & Go Go Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently tasked myself with giving my old iPhone 4 to a relative, and a prerequisite was that they have Visual Voicemail.

I have a chat transcript with O2 online customer services, telling me that VV will work on a Pay & Go Go Go tarrif. I ordered the micro SIM, topped up £10, and, well, it just takes me to old school voicemail.

Edit:

Also, I tapped the voicemail button before selecting my plan (I didn't realise I had to select a plan before doing anything? There should be big bold letters saying "don't do anything until you select your plan!") to test it out, it took credit from the £10 and now it's saying there's not enough credit to use the £10 top up I made specifically to test if VV works. Will it only work once a plan is activated on this number? 

It means somehow I wasted £1.50 trying to call Voicemail. You can tell I haven't used PAYG in years, being used to Pay Monthly for so long!

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Im affraid that VV doesnt work on PAYG

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/visualvoice.html

This is for abroad but I understand same rules applies for UK.

its mentioned quite a few times on o2, o2 forum and google im affraid.

Unless something has changed that im not aware of?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Im affraid that VV doesnt work on PAYG

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/visualvoice.html

This is for abroad but I understand same rules applies for UK.

its mentioned quite a few times on o2, o2 forum and google im affraid.

Unless something has changed that im not aware of?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't want to get the person who gave me this information in to a lot of trouble, however, my chat transcript with the person from O2 is as follows (names removed):

info: You are now chatting with O2 :  at O2 Service.
O2 : : Hi I'm O2 : . How can I help?
Me: Hi, I'm looking to get a Pay and Go micro SIM for my relative, I'm giving her an iPhone 4. I want to know whether or not Visual Voicemail is available on Pay & Go Go Go tariff?
O2 : : Okay, I'm giving you a link to order a micro SIM card.
O2 : : And yes, it is available with data card.
Me: So I don't need to subscribe for a Pay monhtly Simplicity tariff from O2 to get Visual Voicemail, I can definitely get VV on the basic Pay & Go Go Go plan?
O2 : : Please give me a minute while I check it again for you.
Me: thanks
O2 :  Please click here to get free micro SIM
O2 : : And yes, visual voicemail will wok in Pay & Go Go Go tariff.

Someone needs to have this information be more transparent.

Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The only way vvm will work is with a pay monthly data plan that uses the idata apn.

So yet again Live chat giving out false advice.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
So yet again Live chat giving out false advice.

It's getting quite ridiculous the amount of misinformation evolving from the chat service. Seems if they aren't sure it's just a matter of guesswork and I would suggest anyone given the wrong information should make a formal complaint.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why remove the names show them up if they don't know what they are talking about and clearly they don't this should be escalated

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie have you had experience of the formal complaint system sent one in on 29-9-12 and haven't had a response yet do you know how long it normally takes?

Thanks

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Jonsie have you had experience of the formal complaint system sent one in on 29-9-12 and haven't had a response yet do you know how long it normally takes?

Thanks

I got the usual acknowledgement email straight away and a response and solution 7 days later. So a full week in total.

Maybe after this length of time I would be complaining again damien.

Message 8 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why remove the names show them up if they don't know what they are talking about and clearly they don't this should be escalated

It can be escalated without names being published here, that is wrong and not the way to go.

Any posts here with names contravene the terms of the forum and will be removed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant the advisors name not the op if these idiots don't know what they are doing maybe they should find another job or get the proper training before being let loose on customers Thanks Jonsie I have sent it in again

Message 10 of 12