Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Visual Voicemail for Simplicity iPhone users

Hello everyone,

I am the proud user of an iPhone 3GS and I use simplicity 15 + Unlimited Web Bolt On. Great. However, my surprise was that iPhone users don't get visual voicemail under simplicity contracts, only on Pay Monthly 18 months plan.

I found this great app on iTunes that solves the problem: HulloMail .

This app works great as a visual voicemail service, you get push notification for every voicemail received. You can also send short voice messages called hullos to your contacts for free!

Search HulloMail on your app store and lemme know what you think of it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Visual Voicemail for Simplicity iPhone users

Hello everyone,
I am the proud user of an iPhone 3GS and I use simplicity 15 + Unlimited Web Bolt On. Great. However, my surprise was that iPhone users don't get visual voicemail under simplicity contracts, only on Pay Monthly 18 months plan.
I found this great app on iTunes that solves the problem: HulloMail .
This app works great as a visual voicemail service, you get push notification for every voicemail received. You can also send short voice messages called hullos to your contacts for free!
Search HulloMail on your app store and lemme know what you think of it.

There are actually 2 Simplicity tariffs, one specifically for the iPhone (iPhone Simplicity) and the 'normal' Simplicity which can also be used for the iPhone.

I don't know if there is an iPhone Simplicity 15, but I know there is an iPhone Simplicity 20 which gives you all of the iPhone contract functions (VM, the Cloud) as well as the Simplicty stuff such as 1 month contract, 1200 texts, 600 mins (on Simplicity 20, that is).

If you are interested in the iPhone Simplicity deal, you must go through retentions, as it is only offered through them.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,853
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Aslo the Hullo also uses your included mins for the diverted portion of the incomming call unlike the included 901 basic service just something to watch if you use your included mins you will be then charged for each voice mail left using Hullo.

see here http://www.hullomail.com/gb/aboutus/terms.html
3. Potential Mobile Operator Charges

HulloMail™ is configured on the public telephone network to minimise any charges from your mobile operator.
When you are in the UK, calls made to you that are diverted to HulloMail™ and calls you make to HulloMail™ should be covered within your monthly minute allowance package, but please confirm this with your mobile operator. If you keep within your general minute allowance you should not see any additional charges. If you exceed your minute allowance then charges are according to your plan.

If you download and play a message via the HulloMail™ mobile client, your mobile email client or mobile web you may receive a data charge if you’ve exceeded your data allowance.

When roaming abroad we recommend retrieving messages on line whenever convenient

Just like 901 in the uk if you go abroad disable before leaving or you will pay international rates for the message to be left. Note they do not warn of high international divert charges
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes I agree with all of you.

For my part as I use The O2 Web Bolt On (for 7.50£ a month) and receiving Hullos (short voice message from my friends) is totally free as it is included in my unlimited data plan as well for any voicemail I receive.

In any case, I think that iPhone users are more likely to use data because the phone is designed to be connected on 3G. And if you are using Wi-Fi then using HulloMail is still free.

Did someone try the app? I just saw that they released a new version on iTunes with a new icon and improved settings configuration.