Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin PAC to O2 refused

mrcakey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd been meaning to switch from Virgin to O2 anyway but hadn't got round to it. Then I got an email from Virgin to say that all customers were being ported to O2. Fine, but actually I wanted one of O2's deals which is better than the one I'm on.

I got my PAC from Virgin, filled in all the bumph on the website and got this:

"Unable to continue

Your order can't be completed.

As well as our credit scoring system, we use business policies to check all new applications. This time, you didn’t meet the minimum level.

Our business policies are commercially sensitive, so we're unable to tell you the specific reason for rejecting your application."

Without going into circumstances, I'd be astonished if my credit rating were the cause, which means I'm falling foul of some arcane "business policy". I can only think they don't want people switching before they're forced to switch, but surely they're not allowed to do this? It's 12th May today and I'm not due to switch until 16th June.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7087 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

It maybe your Virgin account has what they call a Soft Lock. This happens around a month before your move. This means no changes can be made.

You will need to check that with Virgin

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2