cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing all family numbers on the same MyO2 account.

BiggestJim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently bought a pay monthly phone for my son. I would like to ensure that my number is the lead number for the account, as it looks like MyO2 has selected my son's new number for the lead number, rather than mine. I would also like to view both account details when I log in to MyO2. The app I have on my phone only shows my son's new number and not mine anymore. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@BiggestJim 

How and when did you buy the new phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

BiggestJim
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought the phone online a couple of weeks ago, directly through O2.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Is yoour phone still working OK off wifi @BiggestJim ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

BiggestJim
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, it's working fine with wifi and on the network.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@BiggestJim 

Sorry for the questions but if your son's phone was an addition to your account, both should be showing in your MyO2, and you should just be able to choose from the list for the account you wish to view. Adding a phone does not delete the previous one unless it was an upgrade.

If the new account was not directly connected with your previous one, you would have different login details.

If looking in the app, tap the account name at the top and see if your other account appears in the drop down menu.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

BiggestJim
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help. I've since spent about 25 mins on the live chat to resolve this. They had to create an additional account and then merge the two accounts to solve the issue.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

I'm still not understanding where your original account went to @BiggestJim 

but good that you got it sorted thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8