Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor service

Sailon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iv recently moved from Talk Talk. The TT service was bad in my area (Chirk, North Wales) But now with O2, it's non-existent. I have checked the service checker. Am told a mast is not working. I have no problem with equipment failure. But when can we expect it to be up and running???? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144920 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

No one knows when it will be fixed as o2 don’t give out updates.
All you can do is keep reporting the issue to customer service and you can check the service status yourself here https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144920 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

No one knows when it will be fixed as o2 don’t give out updates.
All you can do is keep reporting the issue to customer service and you can check the service status yourself here https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123323 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@SailonYou could also download the My  Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network  and report it through there.

O2 Ask may help if you use WiFi. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Sailon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5

I have spoken to customer service. They do not know when the mast will be fixed...... But did offer compensation.  

Message 4 of 11

Sailon
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff.
I spoke to customer service. They do not know when it will be fixed.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk Talk & O2 share the same network.  TT did a deal with O2 to push it's mobile customers over to O2 being as TT are canning their mobile proposition. This was a bad move for the customers like you  who had bad coverage as moving to a different network would have solved your issues, overnight.

For those happy with the network coverage, Tesco Mobile who are also on the O2 network, are much closer to the TalkTalk experience that people are used to, if anything with better service.

If it's not too late see if you are able to move away from O2 by calling Customer Service on 202 as you might be in the 14 day cooling off period, get a Three, Lebara(Vodaphone network)  and Asda Mobile (ee network )  payg 3 in one SIMs all from Asda, or wherever, top each up Lebara & three with a fiver,  Asda have 10 free minuites pre loaded.

See which  of the three networks gets the best covearage in your home. Switch to them.

The ONLY people who have benefited from the incidence in a long line of Talk Talk debacles, are talk talk themselves, as no doubt O2 are paying commission for each customer who signs up.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144920 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Talkmobile used to use Voda, I thought?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123323 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

They did @MI5 but ditched them in 2014 and moved to O2....

https://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/talktalk-ditches-vodafone-in-f...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144920 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Cheers @Cleoriff slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

That they did, and still do, even though they are closed to new customers, they were one of many of the Carphone group's legacy mvno's... They are now wholly owned by Vodafone.

TalkTalk Mobile on the other hand are on O2, and are a TalkTalk Broadband mvno, they are all so closed to new contracts and are not renewing either, customers are being advised to either see out their minimum term, and move to O2, or move to O2 now if out of mimimum.

The history of Carphone Warehouse / TalkTalk MVNO's is so intricate and arcane, I suspect Charles Dunstone or Chuckie D to his friends struggles to keep up. The latest version is ID mobile on Three

Neither of these should be confused with Talkhome mobile nor Talkxtra mobile.

Message 10 of 11