cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Large Call Charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days ago I made a guick call to my grandson's land line, lasted less than a minute, however, it would appear that each thought the other hung up so neither actually did, as neither of the phones was used the rest of the day the call duration was clocked @ over 12 hours, the result, all my 300 min's. call allowance for the month gone and a call charge of £174 + VAT, only realised this after receiving text message from O2 next morning.

This would appear to be my or my grandson's fault as it looks like neither of us terminated the call.

Question is, should I query this to O2 and if so by what means, judging by other posts e-mail communication seems to be very difficult, anyone think that there is any chance of O2 being reasonable, financially over what was very likely a genuine human error ?

Is this likely to cause me further frustration when I am currently practically resigned to biting the bullet, paying up and putting the whole issue down to experience ?

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Tiffy2

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can give it a try. Any customer service rep with common sense would see this is an error. You may be lucky. Call them tomorrow first thing

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have a look at this thread from last night.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Bt-mobile/m-p/917860
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for response.

Called O2 this morning first thing, basically they say they can't even look at the issue until this month's billing period is up on 17th. and the bill is issued, operator advises he can't see the call in question on his system until the end of the billing period so can not discuss !

I can certainly see the details on line, strange !

Sounds very much like the charge will go through, discussing after the 17th. will probably be to late, the DD will go ahead at the end of the month.

Will now try the e-mail query route, not holding out too much hope on that.

In the longer term, will think seriously about moving to another provider such as Tesco Mobile who permit call charge capping, can't take the chance of this ever happening again.

Tiffy2

Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I find this very strange that CS 'can't see the call'.......I suspect if contacted again a little later it would be quite evident. 

I speak from my own  experience as I once contacted CS when I was in Spain due to my calls dropping out and being disconnected. The advisor could see exactly how many times it had happened.  In fairness my money was refunded when back in the UK...but my point is, they could be seen...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would call again and speak to a different operator tbh.
Message 6 of 22

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Definitely call again. Another adviser may well be more sympathetic. As for seeing calls on the system they would be seen almost immediately the call was made. Keep chasing them as that's a hefty charge for 1 call even though it was user error.

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the e-mail query route, was advised thet this has now been discontinued, was directed to the "live chat" option.

Tried this, at least advisor could now see the call in question and instigated an enquiry, advised this could take up to 5 days.

To be absolutlely honest, the charge is very probably genuine, just a combination of circumstances, call answered on a DECT extension, verbally transfered to another DECT phone forgetting that the original phone was still "off the hook", me not hanging up properly, neither of the phones in further use for the rest of the day, the proverbial "swiss cheese" model, all the holes happened to line up on the day !

Will see what the outcome of the enquiry is but definately not hopeful.

Moral of the story, use a provider who permits call capping, we are all human and errors will occur !

Tiffy2

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I think you are right saying it's user error....but the thing is it was an absolute genuine mistake. I do hope O2 will be sympathetic in this situation. Best of luck @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Hopefully they will see sense and reduce the charge. Also try the link below. Send them an email explaining the situation and a contact number. Nothing to lose at this stage.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 10 of 22