cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried a month back to buy more texts on my account and never received the verification code. As it's now asking for that code before it can impliment them, and I don't have it, how can I get O2 to resend it:? 

Thanks in anticipation people,

A X.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've no idea of the number unfortunately, thought you may have it from previous purchases.

Which email address have you tried? This one? Email

If you don't get it sorted using the above link I fear you will have to phone them or send a PM to Toby on the Admin team, I believe he has helped a customer previously with this same problem.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/60444

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you in pay monthly or payg, have you exceeded your limit
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have an O2 account but not an O2 phone, so the texts I buy from O2 are subtracted automatically, (normally) once they send verification code, and then from my Orange account. 

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to put in an O2 phone not orange
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you are misunderstanding me?

For years now I have been sending texts over the Internet from this O2 account but my Orange account is charged for them. All I'm asking is who I email and the address to ask them to resend the original verification code I missed a month ago? 

One doesn't need to be on an O2 phone for this. 

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
All contact information is in contact us at bottom of page
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

From the support pages:

Q. What should I do if I have not received confirmation TXT with my validation code, or it has been lost or deleted?

You should always receive your confirmation TXT within a few minutes of ordering. However, occasionally there may be network problems preventing immediate delivery. We recommend you wait up to 24 hours and if it has still not arrived, contact Customer Services. Type 'Send TXT Validation Code' in the subject field and include details of your mobile number, date purchased, O2 username, date of birth and postcode. If everything is OK, O2 Customer Care will re-send your validation code to your mobile phone. Remember, you will only incur the £1.50 charge upon successful delivery of the TXT message to your phone.

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I hadn't already tried that and been circling around for hours on the FAQ's I would have no need to be here asking these questions. I do not wish to phone anyone, but an email address would be most helpful, just to ask them to resend the verification code? This is all. 

Do they not have any email contact? 

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

What number is this 'Send Text Validation' sent to, please?

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you email them you won't get a response until 5 working days
Message 10 of 23