Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT

Jade0915
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just had a new contract with 02 and the agreed contract monthly payment(as per my conversation with the sales advisor) was £49.00 per month.  I also got a letter from O2 that £49.00 is the monthly price. I just got my first bill and it amounted to £57.48, almost £9.00(vat) more than I originally agreed and talked with the Sales Advisor. I was not informed that it would be ex vat. Shouldn't I have been informed early on whether the £49.00 is vat inclusive or ex vat?  

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your bill is £49 including vat. O2 have to show the inclusive VAT on your bill by law. The first bill will always be a little higher than your agreed charge because you are billed for the initial few days until your first bill is produced on your permanent billing date.

Please don't worry as your next bill will be the agreed amount but will show the inclusive VAT.  More help here :

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your bill is £49 including vat. O2 have to show the inclusive VAT on your bill by law. The first bill will always be a little higher than your agreed charge because you are billed for the initial few days until your first bill is produced on your permanent billing date.

Please don't worry as your next bill will be the agreed amount but will show the inclusive VAT.  More help here :

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Are you on a business account?
If so, vat is extra but if a normal consumer account it is as above.
Was the sales advisor from o2 directly or was it through a third party like aerial direct?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Jade0915
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your prompt feedback.

Message 4 of 5

Jade0915
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it's not a business account, it's a personal/individual account, and it was from 02 advisor.

Thank you for your prompt feedback

Message 5 of 5