Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my phone abroad

Yana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was lied to that i cannot use my minutes and data on a holiday in Martinique and i have to buy a bolt on for international use , which charges me £4.99 for a single text which i receive. Martinique is part of the EU. Because its French territory and everyone around me who is from Europe is freely using their phones. I called twice O2 customer services in advance to check that and twice i was lied to that i have to oat this extortionate amount. This is a disgrace! The island is part of France, part of the European union and the currency is Euro. I feel cheated.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Yana 

You should call customer service to question the charges Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

@Yana 

You need to call to query this as Martinique is included in EU and is free to use your allowances there.

mart.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Yana 

You should call customer service to question the charges Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Yana 

You don't have to buy a bolt on. O2 travel is free to apply to your account.

However you will be charged £4.99 per day in Martinique.

That includes texts calls and data. Though 1 text will generate the £.4,99 charge

O2 Travel is available on Pay Monthly. 120 minutes, 120 texts and data for £4.99 a day.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Yana 

@Yana 

You need to call to query this as Martinique is included in EU and is free to use your allowances there.

mart.PNG

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Yana
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I am still abroad and struggling to find someone to talk to. But will persevere. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Yana 

It's free to call.

Around 8.00am UK is best time.

+44 344 809 0202

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Yana
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your answer but its incorrect because Martinique is Part of France and thats the European union. Everyone around me is using their normal packages without being charged extra 4.99. Its as if i am in France.
Message 7 of 11

Yana
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you MI5. I was answering to someone else....above
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Yana wrote:
Thank you for your answer but its incorrect because Martinique is Part of France and thats the European union. Everyone around me is using their normal packages without being charged extra 4.99. Its as if i am in France.

Yes @Yana 

You are correct and apologies. I didn't read the part I have highlighted in the link I gave previously.

See here....

MARTINIQUE.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hence why I said originally that the charges should be questioned with customer services wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11