Did you mean: 

Using O2 PAYM in Guernsey

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a PAYM with O2. I am going to Guernsey for a break. I checked here Using your phone abroad | Pay Monthly | Help & Support | O2 and it says the Guernsey is in Europe Zone and read "your data (subject to a roaming limit), minutes and text allowances will work just like they do in the UK. That includes calls you make and receive within our Eurozone and back to the UK,"

But then I also read "Not included: Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK."

So if I use my O2 mobile in Guernsey to call a UK mobile number is this included or not? Is it really "just like they do in UK" or "just like they do in the UK except not for calling UK mobiles?" Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You can call a UK mobile whilst in Guernsey its all included @IslandBoy 

I have not worked that one out, as on my Enterprise Tariff there are no such restrictions.. 

I have switched it to a Cosmo Communicator and use it with Linux, and its an excellent mini computer... 🙂 My dad has my Gemini now, and loves it to bits , and he used all the Psion's and Jordana's 🙂 

They are both like the Nokia Communicators of old, and would love a Nokia 9900 5G communicator slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@IslandBoy 

You use your Mobile as you do here in the rest of the UK, although only upto 25GB of data if you are on a plan with more than that data allowance. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Mobile broadband are dongles and mifi devices.

O2 data only sims only work in the UK.

Your phone sim is different and not affected by that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh thanks. I am only on 5GB so the 25GB limit doesn't apply. But I am concerned about calling a UK mobile in the UK while I am using my O2 UK mobile in Guernsey. Why does it say that mobile tariffs are not included?

PS Gemini eh? As a Psion 3mx (and before) user, how do you find it?

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It says mobile broadband not mobile tariffs @IslandBoy 

All calls to UK or any EU country are included.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You can call a UK mobile whilst in Guernsey its all included @IslandBoy 

I have not worked that one out, as on my Enterprise Tariff there are no such restrictions.. 

I have switched it to a Cosmo Communicator and use it with Linux, and its an excellent mini computer... 🙂 My dad has my Gemini now, and loves it to bits , and he used all the Psion's and Jordana's 🙂 

They are both like the Nokia Communicators of old, and would love a Nokia 9900 5G communicator slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 copy and paste from Using your phone abroad | Pay Monthly | Help & Support | O2 

"Not included:

• Making calls or sending texts from the UK, to countries outside of the UK.
  • Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers, directory service numbers and some non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time). Find out more
  • Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK."
Message 7 of 9

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh I shall take another look. I've even got my 3mx somewhere (probably next to the Speccie haha).

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@IslandBoy wrote:

@MI5 copy and paste from Using your phone abroad | Pay Monthly | Help & Support | O2 

"Not included:

• Making calls or sending texts from the UK, to countries outside of the UK.
  • Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers, directory service numbers and some non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time). Find out more
  • Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK."

Yes, all correct

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9