Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Useless Insurance and Dismal Customer Service

Think twice before signing up to O2 because when things go wrong with your phone, you are sunk!
When I got my C905 on O2, it was a top of the range phone and it behaved well until it started to develop faults but good news, so I thought, it was insured. O2 Insure - real name The Listening Company and not part of O2 - sent me a refurbished replacement.
This replacement was also faulty and that was not really surprising because when I opened the phone to insert the sim card, it was evident that the phone was old and had been well used.
After a lot of argument, I insisted that it be replaced and I got a new one. None of this went smoothly but I shall move on.
This was fine until this week because this phone is now faulty because the copper contacts on the side have largely worn away and it is difficult or impossible to charge.
When I spoke to O2 Insure, they told me to take the phone to an O2 shop where it would be replaced but when I phoned a shop they told me that this was rubbish and that all they could do would be to send off the phone for repair.
I phoned O2 Insure again and was offered a refurbished C905, which I refused or a new Nokia N97 mini.
Now you would think that this was a good offer but I said that I would think about it before agreeing and this is just as well because Carphone Warehouse will not sell this phone, Orange have withdrawn it, because it's not reliable and O2 decided not to sell because it failed its own tests! This last point came from a member of staff in their Brighton store.
I phoned O2 again and got hold of a particularly inept and rude trainee. Apart from not knowing what she was doing, I could hear someone else whispering advice into her ear so I insisted on speaking to him!
I told the guy that I would not accept a refurbished C905 nor a phone that O2 refused to supply to its own customers but this idiot was not very sympathetic, told me that there were no other choices and that if I did not like it, I could speak to their underwriters, ACE.
So, I have a contract with O2, which they have breached. They expect me to deal with O2 Insure, which is not O2 who then expect me to talk to ACE, their underwriters.
I made two further calls to O2 Customer Service who were sympathetic and even agreed with my complaint but could do nothing about it!
A further call to O2 Insure apparently led to an escalation of my complaint to a different team - something that my first three calls fail to produce - and I am promised a call back within 5 days, which I don't believe, though the Listening Company attempted to make a junk phone call to my mobile today.
So far, I have a faulty phone, I can have a refurbished piece of tat or a new, different phone from stock that is unsalable.
I have also discovered that despite the fact that my C905 was the top of the range model at the time, I can only be offered some cheapo phone with the same features not one of commensurate quality.
Naturally, if O2 don't solve my problems sensibly, I will be telling all my friends and family - most of whom switched to O2 on my recommendation - about the standard of service from O2.
I have also sent a message to Watchdog to tell them that O2 is willing to supply replacement phones to its customers that it would dream of selling to them.
I teach customer care and so I feel that I am qualified to declare O2's customer care absolutely hopeless.
However, not all the news is bad - I am now out of contract and can take my account elsewhere, without penalty.
I am posting this message here, in the hope that someone with authority and who cares might take this up, instaed of the toothless wondrs I have dealt with so far.
Anonymous

Re: Useless Insurance and Dismal Customer Service

No O2 staff will officially follow this forum.
You best bet is the O2 complaint review service, who are usually very helpful. Details are on the O2 website here http://tiny.cc/pjflt
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

So was this warranty issues or an insurance claim for a damaged handset I am confused.
Insurance is for loss / accidental damage
Warranty is for faults with the phone
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

No O2 staff will officially follow this forum.
You best bet is the O2 complaint review service, who are usually very helpful. Details are on the O2 website here http://tiny.cc/pjflt

I am most grateful for the advice - I have sent an email to the address provided.
Anonymous

So was this warranty issues or an insurance claim for a damaged handset I am confused.
Insurance is for loss / accidental damage
Warranty is for faults with the phone

I am paying the O2 Insure monthly premium which is supposed to cover replacement for a phone out of warranty. I am guessing that the C905 supplied to me on July 28th may have been within warranty but it was apparently, a matter for O2 Insure. They charged me an excess when they supplied the first replacement but faulty refurbished C905.

so the phone was over 24 months old when it first went wrong as that is the warranty period for the c905
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

so the phone was over 24 months old when it first went wrong as that is the warranty period for the c905

I got the phone in January 2009. It was replaced with a rubbish and faulty "refurbished" phone in June 2010 and with a new one on 28 July 2010.
According to the member of staff I just contacted , the warranty period for the C905 was 12 months, not 24 months but in the light of my experiences so far with this matter, I should not be surprised to discover that you are right and he is wrong.

[ Edited ]
the 24 month warranty info came from the sony ericsson website here http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support ... c=gb&lc=en
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

[ Edited ]
the 24 month warranty info came from the sony ericsson website here http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support ... c=gb&lc=en

Thank you; the plot thickens!
When I phoned in June to report my faulty phone, O2 palmed me off onto O2 Insure, instead of checking my history. They recorded the fault as a cracked case but the fault was that some of the buttons did not work properly and required excessive pressure to register.
In fact, the phone and contract were taken out in a store and O2 online should never have been involved in the matter and it was too early to use O2 Insure, if at all. I should have been advised to take the phone back to a store who would then have discovered that the phone was still under warranty and in the first instance, sent the phone off to Sony Ericsson for repair.
Instead, I have paid an excess of £25 and have had to endure the most diabolical service. As I write this, I am fighting O2 for the return of my excess but so far they have refused. The reason for the refusal appears to be that I chose to use O2 Insure but the fact is, I was wrongly advised by staff in the first place.
Anonymous

Here is a private message I have just received:
"Hello
We’re sending you this message as we have moderated one or more of your comments.
This is because comment(s) you have made contain general criticism of O2’s products or services. You are more than welcome to share your experiences with O2, whether they’re positive or negative. Doing so may allow other users to provide support as well as providing us with insight to areas that are going wrong.
What we cannot accept are widespread, malicious or gratuitous criticisms of O2 as a company or a brand.
We hope you continue to use and enjoy our O2 Forums.
O2 moderation team"
It appears that I can share any good experiences but if I criticise O2, that is not allowed; draw your own conclusions about this before O2 decides to remove this apparently embarassing thread.