cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use mobile in a abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to know if I can use my phone internet in abroad? Wifi is private, I am paying the bill at home, do i will be still charged?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you are abroad you can use WiFi wherever you are for free internet access. If you turn data roaming on you will be charged....

Here is some information about using your phone abroad (This is only for EU countries)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are connecting via wi-fi then no, but if you are using the phone's internet yes.How much will depend if you are pay monthly or pay and go and what country you are in. slight_smile

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you are abroad you can use WiFi wherever you are for free internet access. If you turn data roaming on you will be charged....

Here is some information about using your phone abroad (This is only for EU countries)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Wifi is always free of your data usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I hope you found the advice above useful. Where are you going?  Have you checked the O2 travel tariffs ? Are you going to be using only wifi or will you be using data roaming?

Message 5 of 5