cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helllo everyone! 

I currently have a very old, just about colour, Nokia phone! 

I originally had an HTC with all the flashy gadgets, i.e. camera and interent etc (yes i know you can tell i've lived with a crap phone). However.......it is totally driving me barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmy! 

Really want to upgrade but not due to upgrade till Feb, is there anyway that I can upgrade earlier or will it involve having to pay out? Just bored of having a bad phone!!! 

Secondly - I have found a contract on Orange for the phone that I want (Samsung S3), that is about half as much as O2 are asking for the same things, if I show them the contract that Orange are offering me, will they match it? Orange are offering the phone for free, unlimited texts, 100 minutes and data blah blah, but O2 want something silly like £200 upfront for the phone?! Surely I'd move to Orange unless O2 can match it? 

HELP ME slight_smile 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2's policy is "what you see is what you get" generally speaking. If you get the same level of service from Orange you should move but check your signal before committing to a 24 month contract......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2's policy is "what you see is what you get" generally speaking. If you get the same level of service from Orange you should move but check your signal before committing to a 24 month contract......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can only upgrade one month early without having to pay off the rest of your contract.

Best bet is call 202 but it isn't likely they will price match Orange.

As always, the usual advice is to go for the best deal for you after checking signal strength in your area.

Message 3 of 3