Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

OriginalDuffer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long after my contract has ended do I have to upgrade to a new device?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Your contract carries on month by month until you end it. You can upgrade at any time as long as your airtime is continuing.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Your contract carries on month by month until you end it. You can upgrade at any time as long as your airtime is continuing.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@OriginalDuffer 

As long as you want.

There is no time restriction.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12055 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You don't have to upgrade to a new device if you are happy with the one that you have @OriginalDuffer.
What I would suggest is that if you originally took the contract out with a 3rd party, such as Carphone Warehouse, is that you consider moving to a SIM only deal.
If you did use a 3rd party and you have completed your minimum term then you will still be paying for the device as well as tariff and you could save money.
If you went straight through o2 then you would have finished paying the device off, and are now only paying for your tariff. Again you might be worth checking as it might be that you can get a better deal now.
But there is no requirement to upgrade to a new phone if you do not need one.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4