Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Upgrading

I have 2 phones in my pay monthly account, one sim-only, handset paid, the other handset not fully paid.  When I select the sim-onlt to upgrade I get the still owing phone with settlement.  How can I upgrade the sim-only?

Highlighted
Topics: 539
Solutions: 11,800

Re: Upgrading

@tmarsh 

Sounds like a glitch in the system.

I recently did a similar thing without issues.

I'd call customer service or pop in your local o2 shop to upgrade.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Former Staff

Hey @tmarsh, I was wondering if you managed to proceed further with your upgrade in the end? If you need some more help, please do come back and let us know Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

I'm resurrecting this! Turns out i'm still in contract, my mistake. if sim only can i upgrade early?
Highlighted

@tmarsh 

Sim only contracts can upgrade to a refresh contract directly with O2 at anytime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted

ok thanks. I was going through carphonewarehouse because o2 didnt have the phone i wanted. i guess that doesnt work.
Highlighted

i just tried an upgrade through my account but its still looking for me to pay off is that correct
Highlighted

@tmarsh If you still have a device plan running, that needs to be paid off first.

Currently using:
Highlighted

yes but i have 2 phones on 1 account. they want me to pay off my account that does not have a device plan, sim only. device paid off 2 years ago. i thought they were mixing it up with the other phone that does have a device but apparently not.
Highlighted

This is my original post:
OI have 2 phones in my pay monthly account, one sim-only, handset paid, the other handset not fully paid. When I select the sim-onlt to upgrade I get the still owing phone with settlement. How can I upgrade the sim-only?