Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Agraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi folks need help I had been not well past few months etc had told O2 all this etc I got disconnected this morning and had to spend hours and ringing 3 times to get phone switched back on today and been told I didn't have to pay reconnecting fee but now I'm not allowed to upgrade for 6 months any help please
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Unfortunately that is the rule.
You need to prove that you can pay your bills on time before they will allow you a new contract.
You could always try a different network but if O2 have marked your credit file, they might not allow you to take a contract either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Agraham
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was my first time happening to me I was due to upgrade anytime and now after this I have been told its gonna be another 6 months before I can. I have with been with O2 all my life good network and signal and 4g in my area is the best network for me
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's unfortunate for sure, but O2 are very ruthless when it comes to paying bills.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Agraham Unfortunately, O2 don't care whether it's your first time, nor how long you've been a customer. Loyalty counts for nothing. If O2 is your best network for signal in your area, you're just going to have to bite the bullet and wait another six months to upgrade. Not much of a choice. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Agraham
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I understand and thank use for writing back. Yes O2 can be very rude first call I made this morning the girl was really rude having none of it I told her to read my notes on file told me not her problem and to ring back when you can make full payment and £15 reconnecting fee
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you wish to complain about how you were spoken to use this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Agraham
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All sorted now many thanks to use all who helped
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Agraham! Good to hear it's sorted now for you. slight_smile

I was sorry to read that you felt customer service was rude though - it's not something we like to hear. 😞 I'll drop you a quick PM here on the forum that you can reply to if you feel you'd still like me to pass on your feedback about customer service and get this looked into in more detail.

Message 9 of 9