Did you mean: 

Upgrading with mobiles.co.uk

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a recurrung question, i'm new here!

Can someone please explain to me in plain english how i upgrade my handset and tarrif through mobiles.co.uk and keep my number?

I currently have a Samsung galaxy s2 which i'm able to upgrade tomorrow and would like the galaxy s5. Mobiles.co.uk are offering it way cheaper than direct from o2, even though still an o2 contract, can someone explain slowly and clearly what i need to do as the online chat 'help' with advisors are just baffling me!

Thanks!

Helen

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the steps :

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/mobile-phone-upgrades.html#whybuy

You must go through that company not O2 Live Chat etc.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are a sub dept of CPW.

Just give them your mobile number and they'll see it's an upgrade. Tell them it's an upgrade too.

Or go into CPW or an O2 shop or online for the refresh deal if another deal catches your eye.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the steps :

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/mobile-phone-upgrades.html#whybuy

You must go through that company not O2 Live Chat etc.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will need to provide your phone number, address and account details and they will do the rest for you.
Whilst you may get a cheaper deal, you don't get the chance of a refresh contract so if you are happy to stay with your next phone for 2 years it won't be a problem, but if you wanted to change to another new phone after say 12 months you wouldn't have that option from Mobiles.co.uk.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would think carefully before signing up to a 2 year contract I personally like the refresh option but of course it's a personal thing
Message 5 of 9

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the responses, you've all been really helpful, i'll log on tomorrow and go through the website as suggested.

To be honest, i've been with o2 since 2008 and never used the refresh service so happy to keep the handset for 2 years (saying that my current s2 is pretty much on it's last legs after 2 years so well in need of an upgrade!)

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The S2 was a great phone in its day but you'll really appreciate the difference in an S5 now slight_smile
Good luck and let us know how it goes for you....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries.

Refresh is good although its not cost free as one has to pay up the handset plan to either upgrade or cancel the airtime plan to leave 02.

If 2 year contracts are ok with you then fine  slight_smile

Let us know how you get on

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear your happy hope you get the deal your after slight_smile
Message 9 of 9