Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Upgrading to a smartphone

ok, o2, where do i start...

im on an online 45 plan BUT i get a 40% discount. an advisor said that the notes dont say its a lifetime discount but they also said it hasnt got an expiry date... go figure...

now, my upgrade date is fast approaching so i thought, ok, i`ll choose a phone, upgrade and thats that but guess what, o2 have differant ideas !

if i choose the phone i want ( samsung galaxy s ) then i get moved to a "smartphone tariff" which then removes my 40%discount ? i aske dif the discount can be added to the new tariff and was then told "maybe, depends on the advisor" but that was shortly followed by "we have a fair trade policy which makes our prices low so i doubt the discount will be added"

so, the way i see it is this, i upgrade, get the phone i want but pay loads more each month or, i stick with my old phone and carry on getting cheaper monthly bills...

OR can one of you nice helpfull people advise me on what i could say/ask for? i feel the good ole "ok, i`ll think about moving networks" wont cut it anymore, i feel companys have gotten tooo big and dont care enough about retentions.
Anonymous

thats what the advisor said also but ive had the discount through the past 2 upgrades ( one was a 12mnth and the other a 18mnth ) so im confused.
Anonymous

Re: Upgrading to a smartphone

ok, o2, where do i start...
im on an online 45 plan BUT i get a 40% discount. an advisor said that the notes dont say its a lifetime discount but they also said it hasnt got an expiry date... go figure...
now, my upgrade date is fast approaching so i thought, ok, i`ll choose a phone, upgrade and thats that but guess what, o2 have differant ideas !
if i choose the phone i want ( samsung galaxy s ) then i get moved to a "smartphone tariff" which then removes my 40%discount ? i aske dif the discount can be added to the new tariff and was then told "maybe, depends on the advisor" but that was shortly followed by "we have a fair trade policy which makes our prices low so i doubt the discount will be added"
so, the way i see it is this, i upgrade, get the phone i want but pay loads more each month or, i stick with my old phone and carry on getting cheaper monthly bills...
OR can one of you nice helpfull people advise me on what i could say/ask for? i feel the good ole "ok, i`ll think about moving networks" wont cut it anymore, i feel companys have gotten tooo big and dont care enough about retentions.

So you want a free £400 handset and you only want to pay £27 per month(£648 over two years) for 1200 mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data and umlimited wifi?

It won't happen! This isn't about O2 not caring, this is just sound business practice.

Oh and the Galaxy S is a great phone if you don't mind the feel and look of cheap creaky plastic.
Anonymous

thats kinda it but not the greedy side, i think its the "well, if im entitled to it then why not..." side. also, the change of plan will put me onto the "new" tariffs that have the new terms on them, limited web, no 1mms=4sms and no overseas 1sms=4sms... i did have a sit back and think am i beeing greedy about all this but then i thought, ok, just give it a try, they can only say yes or no and this is where i was wondering if anyone could of advised me on the getting a yes Smiley Happy
Anonymous

thats kinda it but not the greedy side, i think its the "well, if im entitled to it then why not..." side. also, the change of plan will put me onto the "new" tariffs that have the new terms on them, limited web, no 1mms=4sms and no overseas 1sms=4sms... i did have a sit back and think am i beeing greedy about all this but then i thought, ok, just give it a try, they can only say yes or no and this is where i was wondering if anyone could of advised me on the getting a yes Smiley Happy

We all like a bargain, but reality has to strike at some point. You may get a better deal elsewhere, but you will have to keep changing networks at the end of each contract to get the best deal.

I simply can't be bothered.
Anonymous

a problem i dont admit to having is that im limited on the changing networks thing...

family problems have led me to have a less than great credit score, and im 99% certain i would fail a check for a new network so i kinda stuck with o2. the more i look at this situation the more i think "shut up whinging and stick with what you got"
Anonymous

a problem i dont admit to having is that im limited on the changing networks thing...
family problems have led me to have a less than great credit score, and im 99% certain i would fail a check for a new network so i kinda stuck with o2. the more i look at this situation the more i think "shut up whinging and stick with what you got"

And fair play to you! Circumstances continually change in our life and credit reference companies just love to keep a little score card on you.

With finance, as soon as you reach a peak you quickly find yourself in a trough and wonder how you ever got so far down. It happens to most people and of course, there is always the dreaded Experian and Equifax scribbling away, like a wanton school teacher.

Stick around here, there are some good people about!
Anonymous

well, after a good nights sleep i think im going to ask o2 how this 150 credit thing works if you keep your old phone. i could use the money i save on not paying my bill for a few months, save up some money also and put it all towards a handset. that way, i keep my discount, keep my "its" benifits and unlimited data too (in theory that is Smiley Happy )
Anonymous

The discount is actually supposed to be removed when you upgrade now as it isn't allowed anymore. However, some people do keep it running, they probably just haven't been informed. Try not to mention it.