Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading phone by O2 app

Pjeffery1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I currently have a Google pixel 3a and I am thinking of upgrading my phone to a new 5g phone by using the O2 app.

My old phone is a pay monthly and the new phone will also be pay monthly.

My question is if I upgrade do I just put my old SIM card into my new phone when it arrives to keep my old phone number ? Is this all I have to do when my new phone arrives ?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Pjeffery1 

You could put your old sim in your new phone. However, as you are having a 5G phone, the sim  that comes with it will also be 5G. If your old sim is only 4G you may want to do a sim swap from the old sim to the new. Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Best of luck with it and welcome to the forum 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35788 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

All the collected wisdom of the community on this guide, @Pjeffery1 - Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

Also,bif MyO2 says you are eligible for upgrade, and you know what you want, and how much you are prepared to pay, shop around - some of the upgrade deals from resellers make it easy to get what you want and keep your old number. You even retain your MyO2 account, so long as you stay with O2.good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Pjeffery1 

You could put your old sim in your new phone. However, as you are having a 5G phone, the sim  that comes with it will also be 5G. If your old sim is only 4G you may want to do a sim swap from the old sim to the new. Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Best of luck with it and welcome to the forum 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3