cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading - old platinum customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I took my iphone 4s in December last year on 18months tariff (£62+web) with 6 months early upgrade (as a platinum customer). I found today that you do not offer early upgardes for platinums any more. In your pay monthly tarrifs you still offer (same) 18 months tariff for £62+web (same as mine) with 6 months early upgrade for every one but I cannot upgrade my phone because I was platinum! You offer me 1 month early upgrade only, can anyone could tell me why? O2 changed terms during my contract and didn't inform me and now don't even want to offer me an early upgrade similar to the one for the new customers... I pay £68 per month on 18 month contract and I cannot upgrade early...Thanks O2

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 stopped offering the reward scheme of Platinum, Gold, Silver status e.t.c. from March 2012 when they introduced their new tariffs because the new tariffs now come with guaranteed upgrade dates (either 1 month, 3 months or 6 months), depending on the tariff cost per month and the length of contract the customer selects for their upgrade, rather than basing it on a customer's average spend.

O2 informed customers of this change by email entitled 'O2 Rewards are changing' earlier this year.

However, it may be worth calling 202 free from your mobile, and asking to speak to the Re-contract team, and asking the question of whether they would honour the Platinum upgrade which you expected when signing upto the deal in December 2011 before the changes were implemented, as I do see where you're coming from.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new tariffs came into force in march & now every customer gets the same deal whether they are new or existing customer

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 stopped offering the reward scheme of Platinum, Gold, Silver status e.t.c. from March 2012 when they introduced their new tariffs because the new tariffs now come with guaranteed upgrade dates (either 1 month, 3 months or 6 months), depending on the tariff cost per month and the length of contract the customer selects for their upgrade, rather than basing it on a customer's average spend.

O2 informed customers of this change by email entitled 'O2 Rewards are changing' earlier this year.

However, it may be worth calling 202 free from your mobile, and asking to speak to the Re-contract team, and asking the question of whether they would honour the Platinum upgrade which you expected when signing upto the deal in December 2011 before the changes were implemented, as I do see where you're coming from.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replays. Unfortunately they don’t honour platinum upgrade any more ... they changed the rules during my contract  … I’m now on this tariff http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phones/Pay_Monthly  (but with iPhone 4s) clearly marked 6 months early upgrade but I can’t upgrade my phone now! So it looks now that for example you can sign for a new deal/contract in May 2013 for 18 months Unlimited minutes/texts for £68.00 with 6 months early upgrade then in December 2013 O2 will stop offering this tariff or change the upgrading rules and you will not be able to upgrade early. It’s looks like just lying and stealing money from the customers. They can change contract warranties/conditions during the contract term so accordingly to 'Sale of Goods Act' 1979 the contract is voidable but they do not care...:( (It was realy worth to spend 5 years with them on high tariffs and be a platinum customer just to find that they do not care for you. Just last 5 months with O2 and I will be able to change provider...)

Message 4 of 4