cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my tariff early

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 2year contract which is due to expire in April 2014.  Unfortunately the phone I have, a Nokia 300 has gone wrong and I can't use it.  The slide to unlock doesn't work anymore so the phone is unusable.  I have been to Phones4U where I purchased it & as I don't want to pay to have it repaired, I am happy to upgrade my phone.  I have been told I will have to pay £105 to get out of my contract.  I dont want to do this for obvious reasons.  I dont want to leave 02 but have been told that's my only option if I dont want to wait until April 2014.  I've been told I can switch to another network but I have been with you for 15 years and want to stay with you.  I dont want to get out of my contract, I am happy to upgrade which will mean I will be paying you more monthly.  Can you advise me please?  Thank you.

Angela Gardiner

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You wouldn't be able to upgrade early without paying off your contract for the remaining period.

However, Nokia guarantee their handset for 2 years so I would contact them through their website.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/warranty/

Another option wold be to buy a phone at your own expense and just transfer the sim to it, thus carrying on your contract. There are some cheap smartphones available now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You wouldn't be able to upgrade early without paying off your contract for the remaining period.

However, Nokia guarantee their handset for 2 years so I would contact them through their website.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/warranty/

Another option wold be to buy a phone at your own expense and just transfer the sim to it, thus carrying on your contract. There are some cheap smartphones available now.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It all depends on what has caused the issue with your Nokia Phone !

Nokia's Limited Warranty does not cover everything Angela.

Follow Jonsies link to the warranty specifics and see what Nokia can do for you.

Edit : Link removed.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

For the fault stated, warranty should apply. All companies have warranty exclusions.

Link already provided.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Jonsie I didnt catch your link.

My fault.

Apologies.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Are you sure you were told it would only cost £105 to get out of your contract? That seems a very small amount, considering the months you have left. How much is your tariff per month?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7