Did you mean: 

Upgrading iphone contract with Apple Watch airtime plan attached

Caroline1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone!

I have 2 monthly iPhone contracts which both have Apple watches bought through o2 connected to them. I’m looking at upgrading both of these contracts to either a new iphone or sim only plan and was wondering whether this would affect the attached watches? Would upgrading to sim only be classed as cancelling the current airtime plan and would the full amount for the watches be due? I tried reading the terms and conditions but it wasn’t overly clear about upgrades!

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Caroline1991 

With an upgrade you can just continue to pay monthly for your watch. 

You only have to pay in full if you cancel your contract. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Caroline1991 

With an upgrade you can just continue to pay monthly for your watch. 

You only have to pay in full if you cancel your contract. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Caroline1991 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have 2 monthly iPhone contracts which both have Apple watches bought through o2 connected to them. I’m looking at upgrading both of these contracts to either a new iphone or sim only plan and was wondering whether this would affect the attached watches? Would upgrading to sim only be classed as cancelling the current airtime plan and would the full amount for the watches be due? I tried reading the terms and conditions but it wasn’t overly clear about upgrades!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Caroline1991 , hope you had a nice weekend. slight_smile There's some straightforward information above related to your Apple Watch query so hopefully you got all the clarifications you needed. Pop by anytime again if you have any further questions!

Message 3 of 3