Did you mean: 

Upgrading help!

Stephen2898
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey everyone!
I took out a new refresh contract on the 19th August but now I have seen the new iPhones I am wanting to pay off my device plan and upgrade on friday which I am happy with doing but whenever I go into the app and select the option to upgrade early and pay off my device plan it only gives me the option to upgrade to a sim only plan which I thought was strange. Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait before upgrading after taking out a contract? I have tried asking the live chat but they were unable to answer my question
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Emilie I've replied to your message
Message 11 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Guys

Just a little update on what I have been told by one of the community gurus

So apparently when you take out a new refresh contract with device you can not actually upgrade at all for 6 months which I'm not entirely sure if that's true as I have taken a refresh contract before and definitely upgraded within the 6 months before

It just contradicts all of O2s advertising campaign for refresh contracts
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Unless that's changed recently, I don't believe it's true either @Stephen2898 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I'm not convinced @MI5

I have also just had a response from the complaints department who have not mentioned this at all and have stated they think it's an IT issue and they have escalated it to the IT department to see what the issue is
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know what they say mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just a little update guys
I called the complaint manager yesterday after not hearing anything for a week and he has stated that he has worked at O2 for 16 years and has never seen this issue before
It's been escalated to the IT department over a week ago and they still do not know what is wrong.
It's getting rather frustrating because I wanted to have the iPhone 11 Pro max on release day and because of no fault of my own I can not and now the wait time is over 4 weeks for it
If this issue is even resolved within 4 weeks!
Message 16 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anybody know how long O2 should take to solve a complaint? Got the first reply to mine regarding this issue above on the 16th September and it's still ongoing with very little updates
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd chase them up again mate.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18